Plum Tomato and Halloumi Skewers
- 250g Mixed mini plum tomatoes
- 250g Halloumi cheese
- 2 cups of fresh Basi
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Firstly make the pesto. Place the basil, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor. Pulse to combine until the mixture is coarsely ground. Turn the motor on and drizzle the olive oil in a thin stream.
- Add the sea salt, pepper, lemon and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Arrange your skewers by alternating the halloumi cheese and mixed plum tomatoes. Baste the kebabs in the pesto.
- Preheat the barbecue or grill pan and arrange the kebabs on the rack. Cook for 4-5 minutes, turning often until the cheese begins to turn golden and the tomatoes are just tender.
- Serve while still hot with warm pitta bread.
Recipe adapted from The Tomato Stall: https://www.thetomatostall.co.uk/tomatopia/mini-plum-tomato-and-halloumi-skewers-with-pesto-2017-11-10