Recipe: Rhubarb & Pear Crumble
- 3 ripe pears
- 600g rhubarb
- 100g golden caster sugar
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 200ml flour
- 200g cold butter, diced
- 140g soft, light brown sugar
- 75g muesli or porridge oats
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. For the topping, tip the flour, cold butter, soft light brown sugar and muesli or porridge oats together and rub with your fingers until you have a rough pastry, then set aside in the fridge.
- Peel the pears and chop them into large chunks, then chop the rhubarb into finger-length batons. Tip into a large ovenproof dish and toss with the sugar and orange zest and juice. Crumble over the topping and bake for 40 mins until golden and bubbling at the sides. Leave to cool for 5 mins before spooning into bowls and serving with custard or ice cream.
Recipe from BBC Good Food:https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/rhubarb-pear-crumble