Sticky Plum Flapjacks
- 450g English plums, halved, stoned and sliced
- 300g Claybrooke rolled porridge oats
- 300g butter
- 300g Light brown sugar
- 140g plain flour
- 50g chopped walnut pieces
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip the plums into a bowl. Toss with the spice, 50g of the sugar and a small pinch of salt, then set aside to macerate.
- Gently melt the butter in a saucepan. In a large bowl, mix the oats, flour, walnut pieces and remaining sugar together, making sure there are no lumps of sugar, then stir in the butter and golden syrup until everything is combined into a loose flapjack mixture.
- Grease a square baking tin about 20 x 20cm. Press half the oaty mix over the base of the tin, then tip over the plums and spread to make an even layer. Press the remaining oats over the plums so they are completely covered right to the sides of the tin.
- Bake for 45-50 mins until dark golden and starting to crisp a little around the edges. Leave to cool completely, then cut into 18 little bars. You can keep in an airtight container for 2 days or can be frozen for up to a month.
Recipe adapted from BBC Good Food: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sticky-plum-flapjack-bars