Recipe: Slow Roast Lamb with Garlic Butter
- Shoulder of Lamb (around 2kg)
- A large glass of white wine
- 150g butter
- 80g garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 140°C (120°C fan) gas mark 1. Pat the lamb dry with kitchen paper, rub with salt and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Put the meat into a deep baking tray, pour the white wine into the tray and cover tightly with foil. Roast for at least 5hr, until the meat, is soft and pulls apart easily.
- For the garlic butter, about 15min before you’re ready to serve the lamb, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat and then add the chopped garlic. Reduce the heat to a very low simmer and allow to infuse for 10min.
- Serve the lamb on a large board or serving dish, pulling it apart with two forks and dousing it in the garlic butter.
Recipe from: https://www.redonline.co.uk/food/recipes/a35782850/slow-roast-shoulder-of-lamb-recipe/