Recipe: Paneer Masala
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25g root ginger, grated
- 4 tsp oil
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- ¼-½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 450g paneer, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 Previns large naans, warmed to serve
- 40g coriander, chopped
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger in half the oil on medium-low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, half fill the tin with water and pour this in too.
- Turn up the heat to medium. Bring to a simmer and stir in all the spices with about 1 teaspoon of black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a nonstick frying pan and fry the paneer cubes in batches until golden on all sides.
- Remove to a plate as they are ready.
- Tip the paneer into the sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes to heat through while you warm the naans.
- Scatter over the coriander just before serving.