- 1.5 kg carrots
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 large knob of unsalted butter
- 1/2 bunch of fresh thyme
- Peel the carrots, then you can chop, quarter or halve them, but you can leave them whole with the tops on. Don’t worry, this recipe will work however you prep them so just get them ready your favourite way.
- Place the carrots in a large, wide pan and just cover with cold water. Add a good pinch of sea salt and a pinch of black pepper, the orange juice, red wine vinegar and butter.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes, or until nearly all the liquid has evaporated.
- Once the butter starts to glaze the carrots, add the thyme sprigs and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes, or until caramelised and delicious.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/the-ultimate-carrots/