Recipe: Creamy Lemon & Savoy Cabbage Pasta with Garlic Crumb
- 1/2 small head Savoy Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Zest of half a lemon
- 140g Creme Fraiche
- 125ml white wine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200g short pasta, penne or farfalle
- 2 large handfuls of chunky breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with half the oil and 1 garlic clove, and season well. Spread out on a large baking tray and bake for 8 mins, until crisp and golden. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water until al dente. Meanwhile, pour the remaining oil into a frying pan, add the onion and remaining garlic, season and cook for about 4 mins until golden, then add the wine and lemon zest. Reduce for a few mins, then add the crème fraîche. Remove from heat but keep warm.
- Add the cabbage to the pasta water for the last 3 mins of cooking time. Drain and return to the pan, add the creamy sauce to the pasta and toss together. Divide between 2 bowls and top with the crumbs.
Recipe adapted from BBC Good Food: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/creamy-lemon-cabbage-pasta-garlic-crumbs