Roasted Roots and Halloumi Traybake
- 2 Farndon Fields beetroots
- 100g Farndon Fields potatoes
- 3 Parsnips
- 4 Carrots
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 Broccoli or Cauliflower
- 100g spinach
- 250g Halloumi cheese
- 4 tablespoons of pesto
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Scrub the beetroot, potatoes, parsnips and carrots and cut into bite-sized pieces along with the peppers, discarding the seeds. Cut the broccoli or cauliflower into florets.
- Spread the chopped veg out in a large roasting tray, drizzle with 3 tablespoons of oil, season with sea salt and black pepper and toss well to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and coloured.
- Cut the halloumi into 2cm pieces and scatter over the veg. Switch the oven to grill, increase the temperature and grill for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is soft and golden.
- Stir through the spinach.
- Mix the pesto with 2 tablespoons of oil and drizzle over to serve.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetable-recipes/roasted-roots-halloumi-traybake-with-courgette-tangles/