Chorizo, Beetroot & Cous Cous Salad
- 3 Farndon Fields beetroot
- 200g chorizo, skin removed and sliced
- 200g couscous
- 300ml hot chicken stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 handfuls of watercress
- Parmesan shavings to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Wrap the beetroot in foil, then put in a roasting tin and roast for 20-30 minutes until tender. Open the foil and set aside until cool enough to handle. Wearing rubber gloves, peel the beetroot and cut into wedges.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat, then fry the chorizo until starting to crisp.
- Cook the couscous in the stock according to the pack instructions, then tip into a large serving bowl and fluff up with a fork. Drizzle over the oil and vinegar, then stir to coat. Add the beetroot and chorizo, season, then gently mix.
- Gently toss through the watercress, then scatter over the parmesan shavings.
Recipe adapted from Delicious Magazine: https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/chorizo-beetroot-and-couscous-salad/