Recipe: Asparagus & Pancetta Carbonara
- 250 g fettuccine pasta
- 150 g pancetta, diced
- 200 g fine asparagus, roughly chopped
- 75 ml double cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 100 g grated Parmesan
- Bring a large pan of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to pack instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving 100ml cooking water.
- Heat a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat; fry pancetta for 1min, until releasing its fat. Add asparagus and fry for 5min until asparagus is tender and pancetta is starting to crisp.
- In a jug, whisk together cream, egg yolks, and half the Parmesan.
- Add pasta to pancetta pan and mix. Remove from heat; quickly (but thoroughly) stir in reserved cooking water and cream mix. Serve immediately, sprinkled with remaining Parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.
Recipe from Good Housekeeping: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/food/recipes/a561009/asparagus-and-pancetta-carbonara/