Whole Apple Crumbles
- 8 English apples
- 100g Claybrooke rolled oats
- 130g self-raising flour
- 65g plain flour
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g butter chopped
- 150g brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Combine the flours and cinnamon in a food processor. Add the butter and process in short bursts until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the brown sugar and oats, use fingers to mix until crumble almost comes together.
- Cut 1cm off the top of the apples. Remove the core. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the apple to about halfway, leaving a 1cm border around the edge. Place the apples into the baking dish, press crumble mixture (about 3 tablespoons) into the well and evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until apples are just tender and the crumble is golden.
- Serve warm and dusted with cinnamon and sugar or cold as a mid-afternoon treat
Recipe adapted from Best Recipes: https://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipes/whole-apple-crumbles-recipe/v7mokdop