Why not try leftover turkey in your stir fry for a deliciously different boxing day dinner. You can also add lots of extra veg such as thinly sliced carrots (perfect if you have a few spare from Christmas day), broccoli, cavolo nero and kale to make this even healthier.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3cm piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 packet noodles
- 500g shredded turkey
- 20g coriander, finely chopped
- 200ml teriyaki sauce
- Cook rice noodles as per packet instructions, then run under cold water to stop them overcooking.
- In a large wok over high heat add the vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, sauté the ginger until aromatic.
- Add the red and yellow peppers, toss and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and continue to stir fry for another minute.
- Add the spring onions and toss a few times.
- Finally add the cooked noodles, shredded turkey and half the coriander, toss to combine everything and then remove from heat.
- Serve sprinkled with the remaining coriander.