Serves 6 / Cooks in 55 minutes
Neeps and Tatties:
- 450 g potatoes
- 400 g turnips or swedes
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 8 spring onions
- 30 ml double cream
- Peel and quarter the potatoes and turnips or swedes.
- Place the haggis in a large pan of boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Cook the turnips or swedes and the potatoes in separate pans of boiling salted water for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender. Drain the veg separately.
- Return the turnips or swedes to the pan, add half the butter and mash, keeping chunky. Season to taste. Cover to keep warm.
- Trim and roughly chop the spring onions. Melt the remaining butter in the potato pan, add the spring onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until softened. Return the potatoes to the pan and mash with the cream until quite smooth, seasoning to taste. Cover to keep warm.
- Remove the cooked haggis, cut open and place a portion onto each warmed plate. Divide up the turnips or swedes and potatoes (neeps & tatties) and serve.
Recipe from Jamie Oliver