- 200g MacSween Haggis
- 1kg Farndon Fields potatoes
- 200g cheddar cheese
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 4-6 tbsp plain flour
- 400ml vegetable oil
- Tomato chutney
- Peel and cut the potatoes into quarters, then cook in boiling salted water for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Coarsely grate the cheese. Once cooked, drain the potatoes and mash through a ricer.
- While hot, add the cheese, flour, eggs, haggis and plenty of sea salt and black pepper. Mix well, then leave to cool.
- Dust a baking tray with flour. Working with walnut-sized pieces, roll the mixture into finger-shaped croquettes, then place on the tray – you should get about 45.
- When you're ready to cook, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the croquettes (work in batches) and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove to kitchen paper to drain, then serve hot with tomato chutney.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/lamb-recipes/haggis-croquettes/