Recipe: Apple and Clotted Cream Traybake
- 2 medium Bramley apples, about 400g
- 2 large eggs
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 x 227g tub clotted cream
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 225g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 4 tbsp apricot jam
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Line a 20 x 30cm traybake tin with baking paper.
- Peel and core both apples, cut one into fine dice and set the other one aside.
- Put all the cake ingredients, except the jam, in a mixing bowl; whisk with an electric hand whisk until creamy. Stir in the diced apple and spoon the mixture into the lined tin. Thinly slice the remaining apple and arrange it on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden and just firm.
- Warm the jam then press through a sieve to remove any lumps. Brush over the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven, then leave to cool completely in the tin before cutting into slices.
Recipe from: https://www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk/recipes/traybakes/apple-and-clotted-cream-traybake